Pacific Crest Trail 2013

I first hiked the Pacific Crest Trail over the course of 1994 and 1996, then I hiked the whole thing in one go in 2013. During the latter hike I kept this website updated as I progressed up the trail. I still have about 45 hours of video to edit, but in the meantime there is a lot for you to look at here. Over the course of the 168 days I wrote 138,734 words and put 13,644 photos on this website.

April 17th, 2013 - 12:25pm
September 25th, 2013 - 5:05pm
September 28th, 2013
OregonLovely home in SE Portland, Oregon
0 km today
4295.33 km total
0 mi today
2669.00 mi total
20130925 20130922 20130919 20130916 20130911 20130902 20130901 20130830 20130827 20130824 20130821 20130820 20130814 20130814 20130813 20130811 20130808 20130808 20130807 20130805 20130802 20130802 20130802 20130731 20130731 20130729 20130726 20130722 20130721 20130718 20130714 20130711 20130710 20130708 20130707 20130704 20130701 20130626 20130623 20130622 20130619 20130617 20130614 20130613 20130610 20130604 20130602 20130530 20130526 20130523 20130521 20130517 20130516 20130512 20130511 20130509 20130507 20130502 20130428 20130426 20130424 20130422 20130417 Pacific Crest Trail Map

Woke up laughing at my incredibly witty jokes. I don't remember too many of them, but one that Cora really rolled her eyes at was my concept for artisanal kitchen sinks that use pork belly for the drain plug. Isn't that genius?

We bid goodbye to our hosts and made our way to the coffee shop. After that it was the long journey back to Portland.

At the border we were "randomly selected" for a car search. Fortunately they didn't detect that our tires were made of angel dust. Whew.

Stopped in Bellingham, WA for breakfast. Downtown Bellingham has really gone through a revival. I went and got on the waiting list for breakfast (at 1pm, how Portland). It took Cora about 20 minutes to find a place to park...which is how long it took to wait for breakfast.

After breakfast we walked to 115 East Magnolia Avenue where the record store I used to work is at. It is called Everyday Music now, but was Cellophane Square back in the day. I can't even think of the last time I ever stood in front of the store...it might have been 1995.

We drove past a couple houses I lived in and then went and got gas. As we got on the freeway the rain really started to come down super hard. It must have been completely terrible up there on the PCT.

It was a long drive to Portland, super hard rain in several parts. We finally got to Portland around 8:00pm. Ms. Freddie was at my friend Kyle and Lela's house. She was happy to see us. Drove home and there was the house.

Some trees are bigger now, a few things different, but I was finally home.

I'm writing this entry after the fact. I couldn't quite figure out how to end the blog but the problem worked itself out the next day...so you must read on.

September 28th, 2013